Friday, July 25, 2008

Midsummer's To-Do List

OK, just consider me spontaneous. I am not one to plan much in advance. Well, I have my must-dos and I do play it safe, but as far as mapping out my weekend or my summer or my yearly vacations...never happens. Even my wedding was planned and held within three months of my husband's proposal. It was a lovely wedding too. I just can't get caught up in too much complexity or discussion. Simple, straightforward, and pleasant is what I like.

This is not always good, because I find that entire summers can pass without my doing or experiencing what I had in mind. This summer my to-do list is simple again:

  • order book for girlfriends' bookclub in time for August meeting (couple weeks left)(canceled)
  • order something from Carol's Daughter store (going on two years now)
  • visit Capital Christian Fellowship in Lanham, MD (done)
  • return to Capital Christian Fellowship in Lanham, MD (done)
  • visit 49 West restaurant in Annapolis w/Mom in Sept to see Crabgrass--my favorite prof's bluegrass group
  • visit St. Michael's, Maryland w/Mom and Charlita--check out Crabclaw Restaurant
  • visit Ebenezer's Cafe on 2nd and F Sts. N.E. , DC near Union Station(did a drive by)
  • order Corinne Bailey Rae's CD
  • order Tye Tribbet's CD and new releases from Emtro Gospel (you guys check out Emtrogospel.com) (done)
  • have a girlfriend's get-together

No comments: