Friday, August 29, 2008

resonating ideas

Do you ever have times when God's word keeps being repeated to you from various sources in a short timeframe? That has happened to me before, and it happened twice this week. Gave me a funny feeling too. I need to write it down and ponder in case I need to act on the message.

1. So, Pastor Noah links to Mark Batterson' s blog where I first heard of him and his new book, "Wild Goose Chase." The other day while on Crosswalk.com I clicked on a regular commenter's blog link. She had a review of the book and the one thing I took away from it was Batterson's point: Don't let what's wrong in life stop you from praising God for what' good. (that's my paraphrase)

I really like that thought and considered adding the quote under my signature somewhere, but I didn't. That was yesterday.

Now today, on Pastor Noah's blog were some thoughts shared by a woman, Lisa. One thing she said is "When you hit an obstacle, don't focus on it because there is too much beauty around to look upon." paraphrasing again)

Both statements remind me of a more familiar message that I try to adhere to: When you face trials, look beyond your current circumstance and look up to our Lord. (like Peter in the midst of the storm, out on the boat)

A second message has repeated itself too. Sometimes I wonder if it is because believers tend to read and reflect on the same material, and other times I wonder if it is because it is what God is relaying through us all. OK, the second message is simple and apparently well known, but I'd never heard of it until this week, and now I've seen it three times:

2. An article in the September issue of In Touch mentioned a small plaque that said, "One life, will soon be past, only what's done for God will last." Never heard that little poem in my life, though of course the message is familiar. Well, on Pastor Noah's Twitter update today I see "only what's done for God will last" and then a short time later on Mark Batterson's blog I see the little poem repeated.

I wonder what our Lord has for me to do this week.

1 comment:

Noah said...

Alexine,

I found you! It's cool that you link your blog to mine. I enjoyed reading some of your thoughts. It is a joy to have you in our church.

Pastor Noah