Saturday, September 20, 2008

Three Generations

I still have the same admiration that I held for my mom since I was a little girl. I used to feel proud and happy to see her prepare for a long-deserved infrequent evening out. She is not the fancy type, but she is a natural beauty, and I liked to see her with her earrings, eye makeup, and heels. Those childhood days are long gone. I'm 40 now, but as Mom is getting ready this evening, I feel the same as I used to. She's still lovely with natural grace.

We had a great time today at Port Towns Day 2008. I had the company of my mom and little Monte. Live reggae music, kebabs, local artisans, moon bounces and the backdrop of the Anacostia River and surrounding grassy area. Lots of geese, seagulls, ducks. Children having a great time, adults smiling and enjoying the outdoors.

I hope to enjoy more outdoor festivals with Monte. I want him to have good memories of growing up in this area.

No comments: