Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a book review

I recently wrote and posted this book review on the social networking site, My Sister's Keeper (mysisterskeeperonline.ning.com). Since I gave the book a favorable review, I decided to post my review here too.

Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson

This is a fictional novel about some women who meet during a Chicago Women's Conference and strike up an unusual friendship by way of an assigned prayer group. I'm about a third way into the book, and I'm glad there's more to read because it is good! This is easy to get into, and for me it was hard to put down.

The theme is sisterhood, stepping out in faith, making connections, sacrificing personal ambitions to support others in need, even when it is inconvenient or unexpected. Another theme is individuality and personal growth. Most everyone feels awkward or out of place at some time or other, but we all have a unique gift to offer that develops out of our unique life's experiences.

See the book series on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Yada-Prayer-Group-Women-Fiction/dp/1595544399...

No comments: